Thursday, April 9, 2009

Still under construction...

Yesterday's blog didn't count because it was about me justifying my blogsistance. So here is my first real blog and its a topic that all new moms love to discuss, breastfeeding.

A friend recently sent me an article published in The Atlantic, " The Case Against Breastfeeding." Now if the title alone wasn't already music to my ears, the article goes on to suggest how the health benefits of breastfeeding are greatly overstated and basically begs the question, is it really worth the grief? I have been nursing Little Baby for about four months now and to be perfectly honest, I have hated almost every minute of it . I get through each day by telling myself how I will quit tomorrow. And naturally, after about halfway through the author's case against it, I decide that it is perfectly OK for me to throw in the towel (or break out the bottle) and not feel guilty about it. Then, I read this, "CDC finds rocket fuel chemical in U.S. Baby formula." And although I do sometimes feel like blasting her off to space when she wakes up hungry at 2, 4, and 7 am, I think I'd rather just quit tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. WOW!!!!!!!! You look like a blog pro already!! Did you study the blogging 101 manual all day yesterday or what??

    Nice work AND nice profile photo!

    p.s. My boys breastfed and drank formula and guess what? The run around like rocket ships. hee hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Mom=Happy Baby. If it makes you feel at all unhappy you should explore other options. Delaney, loves her some bottle. Besides if she takes a bottle daddy can get up too. That's an added bonus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! Welcome to the blogging world! I'll make sure to stop by again! I breastfed and formula fed both my babies. :) (Breastfed them for 6 months each and introduced formula early on, as well. Whatever works, right?)

    :)

    Happy blogging!

    ReplyDelete